Distinguished Awards Nomination Information
The College of Science and Mathematics Distinguished Awards recognize excellence and honor faculty and staff members who have made important contributions. View previous award recipients in the archived CSM Distinguished Award photo galleries.
CSM and KSU Distinguished Faculty Awards
Applications for faculty awards will occur in the Fall with announcement of the award recipients in early Spring. Applications will be due by Monday, November 1, 2021. The Department Awards Committee Chair or Department Chair (in the absence of a Department Awards Committee) is responsible for submitting departmental nominee applications to SciMathDean@kennesaw.edu.
CSM Faculty Awards. The College of Science and Mathematics will recognize faculty awardees in the following categories in early Spring 2022. Award criteria, eligibility, and application materials will follow the University-level guidelines listed on the KSU faculty websites below.
- University Distinguished Professor Award
- Outstanding Teaching Award
- Outstanding Online Teaching Award
- Outstanding Part-Time Teaching Award
- Outstanding Research and Creative Activity Award
- Outstanding Professional Service and Community Engagement Award
- Outstanding Early Career Faculty
- Diversity and Inclusion Award
- Madhuri and Jagdish N. Sheth Faculty Award for Distinguished International Achievement
KSU Faculty Awards. KSU offers faculty awards in the same 9 categories (KSU Faculty Awards website). Nomination materials for College Award winners will be submitted for consideration for the university-level award (unless there is a request by the faculty member not to proceed).
CSM and KSU Distinguished Staff Awards
Nominations for the CSM Staff Award is now open and will remain open until Monday, November 1, 2021. The CSM Awards Committee will review all nominations and the award recipient will be announced in early Spring 2022. The CSM will nominate the winner (unless there is a request by the staff member not to proceed) for a KSU Distinguished Staff Award.Nominate a CSM Staff Member »
Nominations for KSU’s Distinguished Staff Awards are also made independently of the College in the following categories:
- Positive Impact/Service to the Community
- Outstanding Owl Award
- Excellence in Innovation Award
- Outstanding Leadership Award
- Student success Impact Award
Description of the various staff awards, criteria, and nomination process is available on KSU’s Staff Awards webpage.