Summer 2020 LSAMP Scholars Internships
LSAMP Scholars engage in meaningful and prestigious internships
One of the key elements that makes Kennesaw State University (KSU) an attractive option for potential students is the opportunity to learn through engagement. Every summer, students can take advantage of the many new learning opportunities that happen outside of the classroom.
This summer is no exception, with several students in the Peach State Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) - Kennesaw program taking part in internship or research opportunities. All but one of the opportunities are being conducted virtually.
- Basirat Olurunlambe - Birla Carbon Scholars program
- Bryan Okosun - MD Anderson Cancer Center – University of Texas; CPRIT/CURE summer internship program
- Carolle Zolome - North Metro Pool & Spas (face-to-face)
- Cynney Walters - University of California at Los Angeles; Bruins-In-Genomics (B.I.G) Summer Undergraduate Research Program
- Destiny Paige - MAYO Clinic College of Medicine and Science - Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF)
- Jeavanie Desarmes – Lenox Hill Hospital, Department of Neurosurgery; BRAINterns program
- Justice Brakache - Emory University’s Laney Graduate School's Summer Opportunity for Academic Research
- Lora Asberry - RPM Sciences, LLC.
- Tia Gordon - Baylor College of Medicine; SMART program
- Trae Dunn - Massachusetts Institute of Technology; MIT Summer research program (MSRP)
Peach State LSAMP is a National Science Foundation (NSF) sponsored program with the mission to significantly increase the number of underrepresented minorities pursuing degrees Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). In an effort to meet the needs and expectations of the underrepresented minorities in STEM, Peach State LSAMP provides services such as academic enrichment, financial support, peer and faculty mentoring, research opportunities, and summer bridge programs.
For more information about the Peach State Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) program at KSU, visit the website: https://pslsamp.kennesaw.edu/