The Molecular Biosciences Interest Group (MBIG) seminar series will take place in a hybrid format on Fridays from 1:25 - 2:15pm. All faculty, staff, students, and alumni are invited to attend. The in-person location will be CL 2008 in the Clendenin Building. Virtual meetings will be held via Microsoft TEAMS.
Fall 2021 Seminar series:
Friday, August 20, 2021
- Introductory Session
Friday, August 27, 2021
- Dr. Brandon Carpenter, Kennesaw State University
- "C. elegans establishes germline versus soma by balancing inherited histone methylation"
Friday, September 3, 2021 - Virtual Presentation
- Blake Cherney, Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- "Rapid Nanopore Whole Genome Sequencing and Assembly for Anthrax Emergency Preparedness"
Friday, September 10, 2021
- Dr. Peter E. Prevelige Jr., University of Alabama, Birmingham
- "The Use of Mass Spectrometry in Structural Virology"
Friday, September 17, 2021
- Sean Carr, Georgia State University
- "Indoxyl Sulfate Exposure inhibits Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell Motility and Potentiates Vascular Injury"
Friday, September 24, 2021
- Dr. Courtney Barlament, Neurogene
- "The role of Process Development Scientists in the Manufacturing of Viral Vectors for Gene Therapy"
Friday, October 1, 2021
- Dr. Andrew Haddow, Kennesaw State University
Friday, October 8, 2021 - Virtual Presentation
- Dr. Brianna Chilton, Tucker Brewing
Friday, October 15, 2021
Friday, October 22, 2021
- Dr. Joe Sexton, Center for Disease Control (CDC)
Friday, October 29, 2021
- Sarah Anglin, Kennesaw State University
Friday, November 5, 2021
- Dr. Dorothy A. Lerit, Emory
Friday, November 12, 2021
Friday, November 19, 2021
- Dr. Matt Gray, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Friday, November 23, 2021
- Fall Break
Friday, December 3, 2021
- Assessment Test