MBIG - Fall 2019
The Molecular Biosciences Interest Group (MBIG) seminar series will take place on Fridays at 1:25 - 2:15pm in the Clendenin building, room 1010 (CL 1010) on the Kennesaw Campus (PDF). All faculty, staff, students and Alumni are invited to attend.
Friday, August 30, 2019
- Thomas Leeper, Assistant Professor of Biochemistry in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
at Kennesaw State University (KSU)
- "Fragment-based drug discovery to develop warheads targeting cystic fibrosis pathogen proteins"
Friday, September 6, 2019
- Kirill Lobachev, Georgia Institute of Technology
Friday, September 13, 2019
- Eric Albrecht, Associate Professor of Biology in the Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology
(MCB) at KSU
- "Acute Inflammatory Responses to Hemorrhagic Snake Venom."
Friday, September 20, 2019
- Peter Narins, University of California, Los Angeles
- "Hearing Matters: The Puerto Rican Coqui as an exemplary model for acoustic communication in noise."
Friday, September 27, 2019
- Penelope Higgs, Wayne State
- "Regulatory mechanisms controlling the multicellular developmental program of the bacterium Myxococcus xanthus."
Friday, October 4, 2019
- Alec Davidson, Morehouse School of Medicine
Friday, October 11, 2019
- John Salerno symposium - multiple speakers, TBA
Friday, October 18, 2019
- Shaad Ahmad, Indiana State University
- "Genetic, Genomic, and Computational Analyses of Cardiogenesis in Drosophila"
Friday, October 25, 2019
- Brandon Carpenter, Emory University
- "Maternal reprogramming of histone methylation regulates germline versus somatic cell fates"
Friday, November 1, 2019
- Erika Geisbrecht, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics at Kansas State University
- "Through thick and thin: Metabolic defects promote muscle degeneration".
Friday, November 8, 2019
- Todd White, Veterans Affairs
- "Development of a Preclinical Model for Chronic Repetitive Mild Traumatic Brain Injury."
Friday, November 15, 2019
- Bill Lanzilotta, Associate Professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at University
of Georgia (UGA)
- "Anerobic Heme Catabolism; A Pathogen’s Quest for Iron."
Friday, November 22, 2019
- TyAnna Lovato, University of New Mexico
- "Practical strategies and ethical considerations for teaching molecular laboratory techniques to future scientists utilizing CRISPR technology."