The Ecology, Evolution, Behavior, & Organismal Biology (EEBOB) seminar series focuses on biological topics at whole-organism and higher scales of organization. Guest speakers include KSU faculty, graduate students, and guests from other universities. Seminars will be pre-recorded and available for on-demand viewing by the beginning of each week. Question & Answer sessions will be held on Wednesdays from 1:25pm to 2:15pm.
The Fall 2021 seminar series will be held virtually. If you are interested in watching one of the seminars or joining a live Question & Answer session with the guest speaker, please contact Dr. Sarah Guindre-Parker for details.
Wednesday, September 15, 2021
- Dr. Sara Lipshutz, Assistant Professor, Loyola University Chicago
- "Fighting for fitness: integrating mechanistic perspectives on the evolution of female competition across scales"
Wednesday, September 22, 2021
- Dr. Jennifer Gumm, Fish Biologist, US Fish & Wildlife Service
- "Conservation and Recovery of the Devils Hole Pupfish"
Wednesday, September 29, 2021
- Yuki Haba, PhD Candidate, Princeton University
- "Digging up the truth: the evolutionary genomics of Culex pipiens mosquitoes"
Wednesday, October 6, 2021
- Dr. Tyler Coverdale, Postdoctoral Fellow, Harvard University
- "Megaherbivore extinction reduces the diversity and resilience of African savanna plant communities"
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
- Dr. Alex Strauss, Assistant Professor, University of Georgia
- "Effects of nutrients on disease across scales: Coinfection, movement, and demography of vectors"
Wednesday, October 20, 2021
- Dr. Natalia Bayona Vásquez, Assistant Professor, Emory University’s Oxford College
- "A genomic perspective on extra-pair paternity: a case study in the Louisiana Waterthrush"
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
- Dr. Caitlin O’Connell, Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Pennsylvania
- "The behavioral and physiological responses of wild orangutans to ecological fluctuations"
Wednesday, November 3, 2021
- Dr. Helen Chmura, Biologist, US Forest Service
- TBD: Arctic ecology
Wednesday, November 10, 2021
- Shelby Bohn, PhD Candidate, University of Guelph
- TBD: Mammal caching behavior