Preparation for Careers in Biomedicine Workshop Series
Do you know what you want to do when you leave Kennesaw State University (KSU) with your undergraduate degree, but have no idea how to get started? Prepare for your career in Biomedicine with the College of Science and Mathematics' (CSM) Biomedicine Workshop Series!
These engaging workshops allow current students to meet top Biomedical professionals (physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, respiratory therapists, scientists, scientific writers, medical liaisons, etc...) and provide guidance on professional development topics and prepare for careers in the Biomedical field.
This workshop series is sponsored by the CSM Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) USE Inclusive Excellence Grant. It is geared towards first year and first year transfer students, but is open to interested CSM undergraduate students. Registration is required and Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval is optional.
- Monday March 1, 2021
- Physician Assistant vs Nurse Practitioner: A Discussion
- Guest Speakers: Robert Baeten, DMSc, PA-C, FCCP and Carole Lovering, MSN, RN, ACNP-BC
- Thursday, October 1, 2020
- Introduction and guided self-assessment
- Dr. Karla Haack, Kennesaw State University
- Thursday, October 22, 2020
- Meet a Scientist: Dr. Melissa Bates
- Dr. Melissa Bates, Assistant Professor, University of Iowa
- Thursday, November 19, 2020 - 6:00 pm
- “Being a Black Woman Physician”
- Panel Discussion