"Why I love my CSM major" Contest
This competition is open only to Kennesaw State University (KSU) students in the College of Science and Mathematics (CSM) with majors in biochemistry, biology, chemistry, computational applied mathematics, environmental science, mathematics, and physics. Your mission for this contest is to create a graphic post using Adobe Spark that shows why you love your major. All submissions will be voted on to determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners, as well as several honorable mentions. Submissions ended on Monday, October 12, 2020 and voting begins Friday, October 16, 2020 and ends on Monday, October 26, 2020.
Congratulations to the following students!
- 1st place: Rachel Hill
- 2nd place: Zaniya Battle
- 3rd place: Logan Hill
- Top Senior: Ansa Malik
- Top Junior: Andrea Brenner
- Top Sophmore: Julie Allsen
- Top 1st Year: Jose Gutierrez Cardenas
- Employers' Choice: Jeavanie Desarmes
- Advisors' Choice: Vani Malhan
- Dean's Choice: Edith Milian
- Honorable Mention: Abigail Maurer
- Honorable Mention: Maria Johnson
- Honorable Mention: Samantha Murtha
- Honorable Mention: Sara Punjani
View the contest entries on the CSM Facebook page.
- Use the instruction document (PDF) to create an Adobe Spark post that describes why you love your major.* Be creative! Be sure to create a 1:1 square post.
- When it’s complete, save your Adobe Spark post as a JPG or PNG file.
- Submit your JPG/PNG file at the website below, along with your personal information so we can contact you if you win.
*Note that all images you use must use your own photos or free stock photos from Adobe Spark.
Rules and Eligibility
- You must be a current undergraduate in the College of Science and Mathematics working towards a B.S. degree in one of these majors: Biochemistry, biology, chemistry, computational applied mathematics, environmental science, mathematics, or physics.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
- You must be willing to create a post using Adobe Spark. Submissions that were created with another program or are in another format will be disqualified. Only 1 submission is allowed per student.
- You must be willing to have your post shared on a public social media account, such as Facebook or Instagram, for public voting purposes.
Winners in the following categories will be selected by the top number of votes on a social media or survey site, such as Facebook, Instagram, or Qualtrics.
I hereby grant the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia and the College of Science and Mathematics at Kennesaw State University (hereinafter "KSU") the following irrevocable rights:
- The right to use my name and the graphic that I created and submitted in connection with the "Why do I love my CSM Major" competition. KSU may use my name and graphic for its educational materials and for any other legitimate KSU purpose.
- The right to use, reproduce, publish, exhibit, distribute and transmit my graphic individually or in conjunction with other images or printed matter in any and all media.
- I certify that the graphic I created uses only material I created or free material obtained through Adobe Spark, and it does not infringe the rights of any third party. I further certify that I am 18 years of age, and I have read and understood that I am consenting to the public use of my name and graphic for the purpose of the graphic competition.
These are just a couple of examples of posts that were created in Adobe Spark, explaining "Why I love my CSM major". Get creative and have fun!