Kennesaw State's NSF REU Program (CBSURE)
Spend your summer pursuing state-of-the-art research with faculty who take special pleasure in one-on-one interactions in areas from chemical biology to nanochemistry. KSU's Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry is excited to have the opportunity to host 8 outstanding undergraduate researchers during the summer semester. We hope you might be one of them!
- 9-week Summer Undergraduate Research Experience: May 28 – July 25, 2019 (final dates subject to change)
- $4,500 Stipend for Participants.
- Room and Board Included.
- Travel Allowance for trip to present results at a regional scientific meeting (e.g., SERMACS).
- Carry out research one-on-one with a faculty mentor. See the Departmental Research section for current faculty and projects by subdiscipline »
- Present your research to other program participants and departmental faculty at the end of the summer.
- Recreational activities planned with other program participants and other student groups.
Who should apply?
Undergraduate students who are interested in learning more about chemistry and how to be a chemist are strongly encouraged to apply. Students of underrepresented minority groups are especially encouraged to participate. Preference will be given to students from community colleges and non-PhD granting institutions in the Atlanta area. Participating students must:
- Have Sophomore or Junior status as of June 2019.
- Have at least 1 year of General Chemistry by June 2019.
- Have at least 1 semester of Organic Chemistry by June 2019.
- Be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate chemistry program (and plan to be enrolled during fall 2019).