We hope you're settling in nicely to the Spring 2021 semester!
We are back to operating off of our typical appointment and drop-in schedule. Please look below for additional information on our operations! **Please click the "Start Here" option first for pertinent information**
Due to the need for social distancing, the CSM Advising space is unable to meet the expectation of face to face advising within our offices. Due to this, we will be hosting virtual and/or phone types for advising!
Please be aware of important KSU calendar information-
VIRTUAL/PHONE APPOINTMENTSCSM Advising will be hosting virtual and phone appointment types through our Navigate software.
- Set up an Appointment via the Navigate software
- Follow the instructions below based on type of appointment scheduled
We will be using “Microsoft Teams” for our virtual appointments.
- Download and ensure you can log into Microsoft Teams
- Teams is available on the Microsoft Teams website for download and on many smartphone platforms
- You will log in using the same log in information as your KSU email
- Your academic advisor will send you a message at the start of the appointment
- Please include your best contact number in the notes section when scheduling your appointment. If you dont, please ensure that you email your academic advisor with the appropriate contact information (phone number) you would like for them to call for your appointment
VIRTUAL TEAMS DROP-INS
You will find the drop-in times/availability and key notes about Drop-ins on the Appointments page.
- Download and ensure you can log into Microsoft Teams (you will log in using the same log in information for your KSU email)
- When in Microsoft Teams, you should see a tab/icon for Teams. Click it and when on
the Teams page, it will show you any teams you are a member of. In the top right corner,
you will see Join or Create Team. Please click it and use the Join a team with a code
- THE TEAM CODE IS: 0412se4
- It should add you to our Sci/Math Advising Drop-Ins Team
- When you enter the Team, you will notice a “General” chat page. We are using this
chat page as our sign-in sheet. ONLY CHAT ONE TIME PER VISIT. You will chat the type
of advising you are interested in.
- For example, if I'm here for biology, then I’d type in the chat “BIOLOGY.”
- An advisor will send you an individual chat when you are next in line and ask if you’d
like to type a chat back and forth or do a video call.
- If for any reason you need to leave before being helped, please reply to your own chat with “I will come back later.”
- If you do not respond to the individual chat in 3 minutes, the advisor will need to move on to the next student and you will have to put yourself back into the advising queue with a new chat.
- If you need any support with getting to the team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure that advisors have the opportunity to answer in as timely a manner as possible, you MUST email the individual listed based on academic major/last name.
Last name A-E: Michael Robinson (email@example.com)
Last name F-L: Xavier Cammon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Last name M-R: Elizabeth "Anne" Chaplin (email@example.com)
Last name S-Z: Jessica Layfield (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Last name A-L: Patrick Nugent (email@example.com)
Last name M-Z: Patrick Nugent (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Last name A-Z: Jaely Cruz (email@example.com)
Last name A-Z: David Marsh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Last name A-Z: Emmy Corder (email@example.com)
Information to help prepare for Spring 2021
How will I find detailed information about my Spring 2021 schedule?
Due to social distancing requirements, your face-to-face classes this spring may continue to use rotational attendance. Your professors will be posting directions and requirements in D2L about your first class meeting. Please make sure to review this information for each class prior to entering any face-to-face class setting. Due to social distancing requirements, it is possible you may not be in a physical setting for the first class session. These communications to you will be available in D2L beginning January 7.
In case you find yourself taking an online course in Spring 2021, CSM Advising has gathered tips for assisting in your success while taking online courses from multiple sources. Please look into the below resources as different strategies might be found in each of the items:
Where is CSM Advising located? Is CSM advising offered on both campuses? Learn more about the CSM Advising Center »
Please continue to check the website, as it is updated regularly or follow @ksucsmadvising on Instagram!