Applied Mathematics Minor
Many students take Mathematics classes not realizing that the classes listed below can be used towards a Minor or Certificate in Applied Mathematics. By choosing to get an Applied Mathematics Minor, you will be able to solve real world mathematical problems. Mathematics is a foundation and tool that can be used in all disciplines.
After completion of the Minor in Applied Mathematics, you will learn to:
- Use mathematical software for numerical computation.
- Solve real-world mathematical problems analytically, numerically and geometrically.
- Mathematically model continuous phenomenon in nature.
- Professionally communicate, represent and publish your mathematical results.
Required Courses (12 credit hours)
- MATH 2306 - Ordinary Differential Equations
- MATH 3000 - Software of Mathematics
- MATH 3260 - Linear Algebra I
- MATH 3261 - Numerical Methods I
Select one of the following (3 credit hours)
- MATH 2203 - Calculus III
- Any 3000 or 4000 level MATH or STAT course