Departmental Seminars - Fall 2017
The Chemistry and Biochemistry Departmental Seminar Series covers a broad range of fields in the Chemical and Biochemical Sciences. In past seminars, scientists from Academia, Government, and Industry have presented their most recent discoveries and contributions in their respective areas. This Seminar Series offers students and faculty the opportunity to interact directly with other leaders in their specializations and to gain a good overview of the entire range of fields in Chemistry and Biochemistry.
Seminars are held in the Clendenin Building, room 1009 (CL 1009) on the Kennesaw Campus, 12:30 - 1:30pm. All are invited to attend.
Tuesday, September 5, 2017
- Dr. Zhen Huang, Georgia State University
Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - View event on facebook »
- Dr. Ron Hunter, The Coca-Cola Company
- "An Act of Translation: Transferring Your Research Skills into Something Meaningful to Society"
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- Panel of students/Post docs, Center for Chemical Evolution at Georgia Institute of Technology
Tuesday, October 24, 2017
- Dr. Emily Weikum, Medical Writer at SciMentum
- "Tethering not required: the glucocorticoid receptor binds directly to activator protein-1 recognition motifs to repress inflammatory genes."
Tuesday, October 31, 2017
- Dr. Christopher A. Baker, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- "Microfluidics and Nanoscale biosensors: small analytical tools to enable large biological insights”
Tuesday, November 28, 2017
- Dr. Olaseni Sode, University of Tampa
Tuesday, January 30, 2018
- Dr. Nadine Kabengi, Georgia State University