Kennesaw State's NSF REU Program (CBSURE)
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Thank you for your interest in KSU and our summer REU program. Our lab facilities may be undergoing HVAC renovations during summer 2018 and we may not be able to offer our REU program. A decision will be made within the next few weeks, and the website will be updated accordingly.
Spend your summer pursuing state-of-the-art research with faculty who take special pleasure in one-on-one interactions in areas from chemical biology to nanochemistry. KSU's Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry is excited to have the opportunity to host 8 outstanding undergraduate researchers during the summer semester. We hope you might be one of them!
- 9-week Summer Undergraduate Research Experience: (Tentative) May 30 – July 26, 2018.
- $4,500 Stipend for Participants.
- Room and Board Included.
- Travel Allowance for trip to present results at a regional scientific meeting (e.g., SERMACS)
- Carry out research one-on-one with a faculty mentor. See the Departmental Research section for current faculty and projects by subdiscipline »
- Present your research to other program participants and departmental faculty at the end of the summer.
- Recreational activities planned with other program participants and other student groups.
Who should apply?
Undergraduate students who are interested in learning more about chemistry and how to be a chemist are strongly encouraged to apply. Students of underrepresented minority groups are especially encouraged to participate. Preference will be given to students from community colleges and non-PhD granting institutions in the Atlanta area. Participating students must:
- Have Sophomore or Junior status as of June 2018.
- Have at least 1 year of General Chemistry by June 2018.
- Have at least 1 semester of Organic Chemistry by June 2018.
- Be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate chemistry program (and plan to be enrolled during fall 2018).